There is definitely a learning curve with blogging. It is not always as easy as simply sitting down at the computer and typing. Photographs, graphics, and SEO quickly become very important to improving the look, feel, and popularity of your blog. Video blogging (commonly known as vlogging) is similar. You need eye catching thumbnails and smart keywords to help you get noticed. Here are a few tools that can help you hit the ground running.
Canva – Canva is a website that allows you to create graphics for various media platforms.
- can be used for Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, YouTube, and other social media platforms to create graphics
- Simple to use
- As a member, the website automatically saves your previous projects
- Limited selection of graphics for non “Pro” members
- Some graphics look dated
Skillshare – Skillshare is a website that provides a learning space for those wanting to gain more knowledge on specific subjects including how to’s and tips for personal growth.
- Several classes available if you need help on a specific subject
- The class instructors are available to interact with and ask questions
- Subscription is necessary after your first few weeks
- The website still is relatively new and still needs to add more classes for a better selection
Photoshop – Photoshop can help turn photos from mediocre to awesome
- Simple to use for basic editing of photos
- Complex to use for thorough editing and photo corrections
Fiverr – Fiverr allows people who are not as skilled in a particular area of creativity or business to purchase the service(s) from others who are experienced in those areas. For example; if you need an illustration for a presentation, you can go to the site and find an illustrator.
- The sellers of the services available are rated based on previous customer reviews and their experience on the site
- No cost is required to be a member of the site. However, it does cost to purchase a service
- Time consuming searching through sellers to find the right fit for your needs
Keywordtool.io – Keywordtool.io is a tool created by Google to help with SEO by picking out keywords that can prove helpful to drive traffic to your website or video.
- Free for basic searches
- Instant visible results are not guaranteed