Over 400,000 people call Tulsa, Oklahoma home. The city is located only two hours from the state’s capital, Oklahoma City, and 3.5 hours from Branson, MO. Hugging the mighty Arkansas River, Tulsa is a great getaway for those wanting a fun time in the heart of Green Country. This is a great guide to help you build your itinerary for fun in Tulsa.
Where To Eat
- White River Fish Market: 1708 N Sheridan Rd, Tulsa, OK 74115 & 1105 E Kenosha St, Broken Arrow, OK 74012 – If you’re a seafood lover, this restaurant should have you covered. They have a good variety of seafood options and delicious sides to accompany them.
- Mother Road Market: 1124 S Lewis Ave, Tulsa, OK 74104 – One of the newest additions to the restaurants in Tulsa, Mother Road Market is a place to stop if you want options. They offer pizza, barbecue, tacos, a bar, and more.
- Cherry Street – Located between Midtown Tulsa and Downtown Tulsa, Cherry Street is a nice area to grab a bite to eat. There are several options from the most affordable, like McDonald’s, to pricier dining, like Roosevelt’s Gastropub.
- Sweet Lisa’s: 1717 N Peoria Ave, Tulsa, OK 74106 – This restaurant is the place to visit if you’re craving soul food. It is a great spot to indulge in catfish, collard greens, and cornbread. Just to name a few things.
- Evelyn’s Soul Food: 3014 N 74th E Ave, Tulsa, OK 74115 – If you happen to be on the north side of Tulsa near the Tulsa Air & Space Museum & Planetarium or the Tulsa Zoo you’ll be happy to know you’re not far from Evelyn’s Soul Food. This spot has delicious home cooking and their desserts are awesome.
Where To Shop
- Tulsa Hills Shopping Center: 7336 S Olympia Ave, Tulsa, OK 74132 – The Tulsa Hills Shopping Center is home to several retail shops including Target, Ross, Rue 21, Dicks Sporting Goods, and more. If you work up an appetite shopping, there are several restaurants in the area to refuel including Panera Bread, Chuy’s Tex Mex, What-A-Burger, and more.
- Utica Square: 2070 Utica Square, Tulsa, OK 74114 – Located between midtown and downtown Tulsa, Utica Square is a quaint shopping location with great shops like Coach, Gap, Bath & Body Works, Saks Fifth Avenue, and Kendra Scott. If you need a bite to eat you can stop by P.F.Chang’s, The Wild Fork, or Starbucks to name a few.
- Woodland Hills Mall: 7021 S Memorial Dr, Tulsa, OK 74133 – Home to JcPenney, Macy’s, Dillard’s, Michael Kors, Express, Bath & Body Works, Justice, and many more. Many people love to shop when they visit a city. If you’re one of those people, Woodland Hills Mall is a great place to stop.
Where To Play
- Main Event: 7830 S Santa Fe Ave West, Tulsa, OK 74132 – Main Event is a hub for arcade games, virtual reality, gravity ropes, laser tag, bowling, and billiards. If you’re not looking to play any games, you can grab a bite to eat.
- Andy B’s or AMF Sheridan Lanes: 8711 S Lewis Ave, Tulsa, OK 74137 & 3121 S Sheridan Rd, Tulsa, OK 74145 – Andy B’s bowling alley is a south Tulsa hidden gem. AMF Sheridan Lanes is a little more well known compared to Andy B’s. Both are nice spots for the simple bowling atmosphere.
- Urban Air Trampoline and Adventure Park: 3328 E 51st St, Tulsa, OK 74135 – Urban Air is an indoor trampoline park located on the southeast side of Tulsa. It is a spot to visit if you need a place to let your kids run wild and get their wiggles out.
- Cinergy Tulsa: 6808 S Memorial Dr Ste 300, Tulsa, OK 74133 – Cinergy is much like Main Event or the OG Dave and Buster’s. However, Cinergy has a movie theater with a waiter service.
- Lefty’s On Greenwood: 10 N Greenwood Ave Suite A, Tulsa, OK 74120 – Lefty’s is a bar located near OneOK Field in downtown Tulsa. They have a full drink and food menu. Occasionally they host local music artists.
- Guthrie Green: 111 East M.B. Brady Street, Tulsa, OK 74103 – Guthrie Green is a great spot for family entertainment. Located in downtown Tulsa, near OneOK Field, this spot always has something going on.
Things To See
- Center of the Universe: 1 S Boston Ave, Tulsa, OK 74103 – Free (outdoors)
- Greenwood Cultural Center: 322 N Greenwood Ave, Tulsa, OK 74120 – Free
- Oklahoma Aquarium: 300 Aquarium Dr, Jenks, OK 74037 – Child (ages 3-12) $13.95, Adult $17.95, Senior $13.95, Military $13.95
- Philbrook Museum of Art: 2727 S Rockford Rd, Tulsa, OK 74114 – Child (17 & under) Free, Adult $12, Senior $10
- Gilcrease Museum: 1400 N Gilcrease Museum Rd, Tulsa, OK 74127 – Child (17 & under) $10, Adult $8, Senior $6
- Tulsa Air & Space Museum & Planetarium: 3624 N 74th E Ave, Tulsa, OK 74115 – Child (ages 5-17) Free, Adult $15, Senior $12, Military $12
Of course, there are a plethora of restaurants, stores, and hot spots I could have mentioned on this list. However, I don’t have time to include everything and even if I did I would still miss something. I hope this list was helpful if you’re looking for the best things to do in Tulsa.
I love these ideas, thank you for sharing and for including prices! I’ll check your blog next time we have a couple of days up in Tulsa.